I am pleased to say that I will begin selling educational craft items through this site next week. If you were familiar with Orthodox Christian Craft Supply, my former website, you’ll see some familiar items, but everything has been refreshed and updated. The sales format will also be different, but the goal is the same. Our Catholic and Protestant friends have many teaching resources. However, the options that are purely Orthodox are limited.
The mission of The Crafty Contemplative is to provide hands-on craft and
learning resources for Orthodox Christian families and parishes.
This mission will be addressed from three main directions:
1). Monthly Subscription Service
- Each month, you will receive a box of supplies that is themed to the liturgical events of that specific time. Included, will be a color study guide with commentary and activities on two or more Feasts or Saints commemorated in that specific month. Also inside will be complete materials for a minimum of three crafts complete with full-color instructions and tutorials.
- Subscriptions will be available in 3, 6, and 12 month increments. Boxes can also be purchased one at a time.
- At this time, family boxes will be available. Beginning in late summer of 2016, Church School boxes will go on sale containing monthly lessons and matching crafts for parish, school, and group use.
2). Individual items
- A limited number of individual craft items will be available, including items for fasting seasons.
3). Electronic resources
- In the next few months, electronic resources will become available including ebooks and lapbooks.
On Monday, March 7th, sales will begin right here at http://www.craftycontemplative.com under the “Shop” tab at the top of the page. On your mobile device, the “Shop” page is listed under the drop down Menu.
The two items for sale on that day will be:
- Magnetic Lenten Calendar: A tool to count down from Clean Monday to Pascha with your children. Includes a color study guide with daily Scripture readings.
- The Crafty Contemplative Learning Box for March 2016: Includes supplies to make crafts to commemorate the Sundays of Lent and Annunciation. Also includes a color study guide. You will be able to purchase just that box, or you can sign up for a 3, 6 or 12 month subscription.
I’m so excited! Please check back on Monday and see what’s new!